Monday, March 17, 2008

Is it worth asking the question? Pt 2

What sort of media campaign could/should be employed in order to raise awareness of human rights abuses in the UK by a group such as Actors for Human Rights?

Who is it for? - Actors for Human Rights UK, but also other human rights organisations that are struggling to attract attention to their cause and raise public awareness of their issue.

Why ask? - Because it could do some good in the world.

Is it viable? - Could be a lot of work, but I would have all the resources I need access to.

Am I passionate? - Definitely. There is almost nothing I am more passionate about. And finding the best ways to spread the word about what human rights abuses are going on around the world (I would probably focus on just one, in consultation with Christine from AFHR UK). People are really good at removing themselves from an issues and the idea behind any kind of media/new media campaign would be to engage the public emotionally and give them hope that they can do something about it.

Is it relevant?  - It's more relevant directly to my career, because Christine might have some work for me in London at the end of the year. So this would no doubt help!

No comments: