Monday, March 31, 2008

Online doco progress

I was very lucky over the weekend, I found 2 great connections for my Transient Spaces online doco. First of all, I remembered that my boyfriend went to school with Julian Hill, who was the head of Melbourne 2030 and now works for the State Government Department of Planning, so I'll be giving him a call to get a government perspective on development in outer Melbourne (especially Melton).

Secondly, I was talking to my lovely friend Liz, who said that her partner is an urban planner who is currently working on a development at Melton!

So I will have the Sudanese family as a case study of Melton residents, alongside the official government view and the opinions of an urban planner who has to deal with the problems of developing housing and retail spaces in the outer suburbs. A nice, balanced approach I think.

No comments: